Here is a link to the end of year program. It's long but fun to watch, even if you only watch a minute of it. The kids are hilarious! The one little boy who is screaming, eh I mean singing, is one of Mo's favorite friend's from school and soccer. http://www.youtube.com/user/mom2emmolu
Her preschool hosts and end of year picnic. It's just a few hours spent at Downs Park. Aunt Sara joined us for the day and Molly had a lot of fun.
I finally told her she had one last try and this is what I got!!
Emma's school year ended on June 6th, about a week earlier than it normally does. I don't think we used a single snow day :( As much as I hate it that she is growing up we were thrilled to see 2nd grade come to an end. Emma's teacher was out from the week before Easter until the last week of school. That brought on a lot of drama with various substitutes and the fact that the kids could not handle the rapid change of routine that was thrown at them. Sometimes I forget that she is only 8 and she is girl who thrives on routine, chaos not so much! Emma has always done well in school and struggled near the end. Eric and I were frustrated and heartbroken for Emma as she was upset that she wasn't doing as well as she normally did. But it's over and she's moving up to 3rd grade!!
Molly and I spent the night of the 11th at the hospital. She had a sleep study done to determine if she had sleep apnea.
Molly celebrated the end of her 1st soccer season. I really thought soccer would be her sport. After all the time she spent at the fields for Emma's games and practices she couldn't wait to play. At her first game she went out there and played her little heart out. That is until she got trampled on, not once or twice, but 3 times. Each time got a bit worse. On the last one she was run over from her feet to her head and came up with a mouth, nose and eyes full of dirt. From that point on she seemed to not enjoy it quite as much. I certainly don't blame her. She has decided that she is "done with soccer". She wants to do "ballerina" so we'll enroll her in the county rec and parks ballet class and she how she does.



No comments:
Post a Comment